Who we are
Hangzhou Yungu School is a competency-based, private school founded and fully financed by Alibaba Partners in 2017 to offer a new vision and practice for K-12 Chinese education. Every high school may have a counseling office to help students succeed; at Yungu High School, Future Planning is a crucial and integral part of competency-based education. It is a three-year program involving weekly lessons, individual tutoring sessions, career day, college fair, etc., cultivating the skills and competencies required for planning the future by guiding students to enter a fit university. It prepares the young for the future - finding their authentic voice, discovering the world, and making informed life decisions.
The school year lasts from September 1st to the end of June. The calendar consists of two semesters with 40 weeks of classroom instruction.
· About Mastery Credits
Instead of traditional grades and Carnegie units, we measure student achievement using mastery credits across seven core competencies. We believe that academic standards combine content knowledge, intellectual skills, and attitude. Among four academic standards (Beginning, Developing, Mastery, Advanced), a student can only be granted one mastery credit when requirements in all three aspects reach the Mastery Level.
· MTC website can offer more detailed information about the Mastery Learning philosophy.
· Please go to transcript.mastery.org and use the unique access code for each to review an applicant’s interactive evidence-based transcript.
Best fit universities: Look beyond the rankings.
Bilingual Chinese staff assist in the college search and selection process and cultivate two primary competencies: research-based & value-aligned decision-making. School is meant to be a place for learning, not just of content but also critical skills and behaviors to help all of you become successful global citizens and 'innovators for social good'. We educate and try to influence our students on how ranking is composed and how to treat it wisely. Students can use their academic skills and selfunderstanding to research and find their fit university, as well as be in touch with admission representatives through college fairs, school visits, and career explorations.
Well-prepared, well-research university application
Future Planning is a three-year program that reframes the college counseling function to develop students’ readiness for life after college and beyond. We employ the applied research finding of Positive Psychology and the Clifton Strength Finder to support students’ healthy identity construction. The competencies cultivated through this program include Understanding of Self, Research-based Argumentation, Reflective Practice, and Value-aligned Decision-making, jointly preparing the young to find their authentic voice, discover the world, and make informed decisions about a fit university and more in life.
To encourage students to do their diligence and have quality preparation for each application, Yungu School sets the cap number of applications submitted to 10 colleges. The University of California Application system and UCAS each count as a single application.
· Routinely we have two college fairs a year (In May and September), and all higher education institutions are welcome to register. If you are interested in participating, please reach out to Ling Hua (Ling.email@example.com)
· If you have university promotional swags you’d like to send to our students, it will be warmly
welcomed, and please use this mail address:
Add.: 269 Jingda Rd, Sandun Town, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Contact：华泠 Ling Hua +86-0571-86932936
We’ll use them as a prize for our Future planning class activities.
· The future planning counselors are responsible for inviting admission officers and representatives from various international universities to Yungu for individual and group presentations. Please write an email to Ling.firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you get the time confirmed, you will get
An email with instructions: recommended hotel, restaurant, how to arrive from the nearest airport, foot massage nearby recommendation.
A coffee shop coupon to the school with the voucher to enjoy a free coffee.
· Yungu School is a community that empowers every student to plan for their future. We discourage our students from engaging with agents. Up to 10 official transcripts will be sent from the school and counselor by the Cialfo system.
· Considering lowering your traveling burden, a small number of brochures are welcomed. Also, Yungu School is striving to maintain an Eco-school to be responsible for the environment, and it’s part of who we’re. So, we invite you to join us to be mindful of bringing printed materials.